den_er_da_hvid
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Odense
02/19/14 01:29 AM (10 years ago)

What I dont understand

Hey fellow BT's I have been looking and playing a bit with buzztouch on and off for a while now. I am focusing on android apps, and watched several of the learning videos, but like to "try and fail" to learn how things work. Normally I am quite good at understanding how things work, but with Buzztouch, there is a few issues, and I hope that some of you can help point me in the right direction, becourse I see great potentiale in Buzztouch... okay, here goes: Lets say I want to make an educational app focused on a specific topic. I want 3-4 different trivias, and I can propably use the trivia plugin. In between the main menu and the trivia, I want a screen with text to explain the trivia. If I use a "text/html" page, can I put in a button for the user to press and go on to the actual quiz? -or simply make them tap the screen. If I use a menu page, where/how do I put in the text before the button? Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/19/14 05:03 AM (10 years ago)
What you might want to do is either create a 'context menu' which is an additional menu in the toolbar that will allow navigation to other screens… Or use the 'right nav bar' which is a single purpose navigation button available in the nav bar as well… those would be your best bet… anything else would probably need to be custom made. This option works 'out of the box'. In your HTML plugin, look in the 'NavBar' options for the right button… and read up on 'context menus' if you want to go that route. Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/19/14 09:07 PM (10 years ago)
Another option is to use the Description field of the Main Menu. Each row will then have a terse description of that particular Trivia. Yet another option is to use the HTML Pro plugin by using an embedded HTML Link to go to the desired a Trivia screen. Then you can format your description as needed with HTML. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.