SGB
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
Goes
09/17/13 10:38 AM (10 years ago)

decprecated warning and missing plugins

Hi, I've used the V3 download to make use of the new features in BT. When I make a project download, the Send Email plugin is selected. However, when I've compiled the code with Eclipse and install the apk to my device (HTC Desire C) it gives a warning when I click the "send email" button. The error message is: Missing Plugin: The Android class file for this screen was not compiled in the project. I did'n find any BT_sendEmail.java (or whatsoever) in my SRC directory. That's strang because the plugin was selected on the project download page. Off course I've downloaded the source again and recompiled it, with the same result. Am I missing something ? // Edwin.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
09/17/13 12:22 PM (10 years ago)
Hi @SGB, I had the same problem, but if you create a menu, like "Contact Us", and add the send email plugin in the row then it works! The screen actions are not included in the projects as a java and xml anymore. LA

SGB
Android Fan
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
Goes
09/17/13 12:37 PM (10 years ago)
Hi LA, I did create a menu and I choose the email plugin screen. In fact I created a new special menu ( only available with v3) with contact us (call number plugin) and send email and send photo. All plugins are installed in BT otherwise I cannot choose them. Oh, by the way. I'm NOT self hosted. So the plugins are chosen in a screen and those screens are connected by a menu. The email plugin screen gives me the error in my first post and the contact us page didn't work also. Maybe my phone dus not support the call number plugin, but that seems strange. When I click on the send photo screen (from within the special menu) most of the time my app hangs. When I restart it, my image is selected. A lot of problems but I'm trying to debug step by step. Any other suggestions maybe ? I hope so. Thanks, Edwin

Nsaya
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 15, 2013
Kabul
09/17/13 01:00 PM (10 years ago)
I have faced the same problem, It looks that android V3 has some problems or bugs. I hope David solve this soon, I don't know if he can make time to read our comments here, I hope so, problem so far I faced 1- send email plugin is not working, 2- HTML doc plugin is not working 3- App loads very slowly ( I mean first when it is run) as if a splash screen with 8 second delay is displayed 4- Status-bar is not hidden despite I selected it to be hidden when I configured the themes. Edwin, If you succeed to debug, please me know, if it does not require a complicated coding or changes in the codes. cheers Nsaya

HelperDev
Lost but trying
Reg: Nov 16, 2012
New York
01/31/14 11:49 PM (10 years ago)
I am having this problem too, was it resolved?

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2013
Mumbai
02/12/14 02:30 AM (10 years ago)
Hi all, even i used it with version 2.0 perfectly but now with android 4.0 API 14 it is not working as before. As faced by many, it still asks you the program to open the .html file. Hope BT plugin team is working on it and it will be soon made as before.

Mytilene
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 04, 2013
Ulaanbaatar
02/23/14 08:04 PM (10 years ago)
I have faced same problem by using Menu Buttons plugin. Hope BT team will fix it quickly

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/02/14 04:03 AM (10 years ago)
Guyz please try to fix the HTML doc plugin as soon as possible. I am really wasting a lot of my time due to its improper working.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
03/02/14 12:28 PM (10 years ago)
Does it work not using the menu buttons? LA

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/04/14 07:32 AM (10 years ago)
No..... it doesn't work even with the Simple menu plugin.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.