Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 5    Views: 144

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
05/15/14 12:46 PM (10 years ago)

FBStart

http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2014/05/14/facebook-opens-fbstart-registration-mobile-developers-app-available-least-30-days/ Facebook today opened up registration for FbStart, a program that helps app developers by providing free tools and services “to get your app up and running fast.” The only requirement for applying is that you have an Android or iOS app that’s been available for at least 30 days. You can be located anywhere in the world; all you have to do is fill out a simple form to tell Facebook about your app and the company says it will “respond within a few weeks.” Best of all, your app doesn’t even need to be integrated with Facebook to participate. Facebook opens FbStart registration to all mobile developers with an app available for at least 30 days Facebook announced FbStart at its f8 conference last month, but only allowed developers attending the event to apply. The company promised the program would be opened to all developers “in the coming weeks,” and 13 days later, it has delivered. If selected, developers will receive credits for Facebook advertising as well as Parse, plus free services from companies that deliver product testing, recruiting, customer care, video conferencing and document management. Fbstart includes two tracks: Bootstrap (up to $5,000 in free tools and services) for apps that are just starting out, and Accelerate (up to $30,000 in free tools and services) for apps that are trying to grow and scale. Since f8, Facebook has added two new partners to the program: Hootsuite and Transifex. The full list of current FbStart partners is as follows: Adobe – Creative services. Appurify – Mobile app testing. Asana – Project management. Blue Jeans – Cloud-based video collaboration service. Desk.com – Customer support app. HootSuite – Social media monitoring. MailChimp – Email marketing. Proto.io – Mobile app prototyping. Quip – Mobile productivity suite. SurveyMonkey – Online survey platform. Transifex – Localization. UserTesting – Usability testing. Workable – Recruitment. Facebook says it plans to continue expanding the number of partners in the program. We’ll keep you posted how the company’s first foray into the world of boosting startups turns out.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/15/14 01:39 PM (10 years ago)
Credits for Parse! :-) I can only hope to go beyond Parse's free tier.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/15/14 02:35 PM (10 years ago)
NAD: which program are you looking at? I'm not sure if I want to try for 'bootstrap' or 'accelerate'… Cheers! -- Smug

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Denver
05/15/14 02:58 PM (10 years ago)
Well, apparently I am going for the bootstrap track. But only because I was missed the part with the drop down menu because I was frustrated and in a hurry. Go for accelerate.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/15/14 02:59 PM (10 years ago)
I'm thinking about 'accelerate', it includes most of the same things… Now I just need to find my DUNS number… Thanks for the lead!! :) Cheers! -- Smug

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Denver
05/15/14 02:59 PM (10 years ago)
Go for accelerate!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.