juk
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2014
York, UK
07/10/14 12:27 PM (9 years ago)

Making a living from developing Buzztouch apps

Hi everyone. I've pretty much finished the main app I've been working on since joining Buzztouch a few months ago. Although it's been good as a way to learn, it's likely to be a bad choice of app to develop when thinking about profitability - it's quite niche but required a disproportionately high amount of effort to complete. I've enjoyed it though...way more than my day job! So it set me wondering. I'm not going to ask crude questions about numbers, but does anyone actually make their primary living from Buzztouch? I guess that might also be split into two categories of developers - those who develop their own apps and those who develop apps for their clients - so it'd also be useful to know where you fit in. Thanks James

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
07/10/14 03:06 PM (9 years ago)
Hi James. I can't speak numbers for him, but David VanBeveren has been making a nice living with Buzztouch Apps in a niche market. Check out his business here ..... https://campusorb.com

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
07/10/14 09:56 PM (9 years ago)
There is a lot of job market demand for senior iOS and android developers. But they generally want a lot of experience.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
07/11/14 01:28 AM (9 years ago)
Currently I make my living primarily through programming for buzztouch clients. I do both Android and iOS apps (this latter may surprise some). I also have 18 apps in the Google Play store and that brings some money through advertising as well. I am a professional astrologer too, which paid the bills since 2002, however, I am more attracted to programming the apps.

juk
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2014
York, UK
07/11/14 02:38 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks all. I suppose that's not quite encouraged me enough to hand in my notice at work ;-) I'll keep chipping away though. My next app has a bit more commercial potential so if that fails I'll know to stick to the day job. Buzztouch has at least given me a hobby which I enjoy, and it's also helped me to actually *finish* something, which is quite a rarity! James

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
07/11/14 03:36 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Juk, ive been with buzz just under a year,6 apps in ios and 4 in android and its taken me this long, to get my head around all the different possibilities, while ive taken few (cheap) design builds, this has been nothing to write home about, but bearing in mind i was still learning, it was nice being paid to learn, i have now taken work on from a company, designing advertising backed apps, which has brought a steady income in for couple months now, and will continue to rise, while i havnt ordered my Ferrari yet, i love that buzz has given me the tools to forge a new career for myself, while learning code is not an option for me as im not code minded, with buzz you can still create professional looking apps, if you have some creative design skills and ideas something will appear for you, keep at it, and dont forget the extensive library of guru,s on here, who have helped me soooo many times, at the point of wanting to hurt my mac lol

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/11/14 01:18 PM (9 years ago)
The only limits you have,are those you place upon yourself.forgot who said that bit buzztouch really manifests that idea. You can run your own self hosted site to make unlimited apps,change your app online and it changes in realtime,etc.no other online app,builder can compare.plus the great family on here.everyone knows eachother pretty well.even my crappy apps I thought are the best in ths world(lol) pay a couple of bills.imagine after I update them to be the best...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.