Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 4    Views: 85

Skovy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 04, 2014
VERO BEACH
06/04/14 08:31 AM (9 years ago)

Hello

Hello BT! I`m new to this and coding! I have always wanted to make my own apps and this looks like a place to start. My 1st goal is to create an app for our small business. I want a way for sales rep`s to input orders from their phone....not sure how technical this is gonna get...I`m sure you`ll see more of me! Thanks

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
06/04/14 08:54 AM (9 years ago)
Hi @Skovy, Welcome to Buzztouch! Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have...there's a super helpful community here willing and able to help. And your app definitely sounds doable. Welcome! Mark

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/04/14 09:58 AM (9 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! You are in the right place. Try to learn as much as you can on your own and you can always expand later with some kind of programming. The reps which input orders seems like a proper theme for a mobile app. To achieve that you shall need some or all of the following: 1. A database on the company's server, from which the app will get current data. 2. Some kind of a mini database on the phone or tablet. 3. Localized data for each device / rep; that data will be available to the company server in the cloud. It will also depend whether you want it on iOS, Android or both. There may be more plugins for the iOS so if you want to have an app for both platforms, hiring a programmer may be a better choice in the long run. If you'd care to explain more about your setup (servers, operating systems needed etc.) we'd be able to help you in a more concrete way. http://www.duskosavic.com

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
06/04/14 10:12 AM (9 years ago)
Welcome @Skovy, If you encounter any problems don't hesitate to post any questions. LA

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
06/04/14 11:05 AM (9 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.