Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 3    Views: 104

thebigtee
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 15, 2012
East Kilbride
09/17/12 06:07 AM (11 years ago)

Just started and have an issue

Hi all, Started an online course which is going thru the tools used in buzztouch. Interface is nice and easy to understand. I have created an app for the tutorials in my course which initially setup with buzztouch default settings. Then asked to create a screen called Blank Screen, after this I created a menu in the simple menu screen to point to the Created Blank Screen that I did first. Refreshed the simulator and menu looks fine click into Blank Screen and back to main menu. Then I'm told that I can add a menu to the Main Menu directly by adding with the Main menu screen. There example is to create a screen that show the device info. I add this as per the tutorial but when I refresh the simulator the Main menu disapears and all I get is the Device info screen with a refresh button. I decided to delete this process and refreshed the simulator which brought back the Main Menu Screen with the Blank Screen option. I have been trying various ways to create what is shown in the tutorial with no success. Can anyone help. I'm currenlty using OSX Lion with Xcode 4.4.1 Hope someone can shed some light on the problem before I become bald.lol Thanks T

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/17/12 12:33 PM (11 years ago)
It's tough to understand what you're doing, or not doing. It sounds like you've figured out how to create screens and connect them together using a menu or button type screen. Could it be that you're not setting a "home screen" in the Layout settings for your app? Not sure what to recommend other than making sure you have a Home Screen set in your layout, this is usually a menu type screen so the home screen is a menu.

thebigtee
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 15, 2012
East Kilbride
09/17/12 01:20 PM (11 years ago)
Hi, I double posted this somehow, someone else also pointed me I the direction of the layout. The tutorial video I watched didn't tell me this at all. So about 3hrs of pulling my hair out. All good now thanks for the reply.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/17/12 01:31 PM (11 years ago)
No worries...glad you got it figured out :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.