Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 94

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 27, 2011
Copenhagen
06/12/16 02:32 PM (7 years ago)

DESIGN Menu: Issue Downloading data required

Hi, I just got around to use the BTA Design Menu and I get a stupid error, which most likely is something I overlooked, but I can't solve it. I followed Dannys instructions to the point: I copied the "dm_blur01" folder to BT_images and copied both BT_Images and BT_Plugins folders to xCode but still I get the error: "There was a problem downloading some required data. Try again?" Please tell me that I overlooked something :) Regards, Kristian, Copenhagen

David73
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 12, 2013
Texas
06/12/16 09:18 PM (7 years ago)
Getting the same error and I haven't changed anything. Something is wrong somewhere.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/12/16 09:49 PM (7 years ago)
Taking the string There was a problem downloading some required data. Try again? and searching for it through the project in Xcode, leads us to line 563 in file BT_loadConfigDataViewController.m in folder BT_Layout. The comment on line 559 says //message from downloader will be an error or a valid JSON... So, something is wrong when downloading the JSON for the app. To see whether that really is the case, go to option JSON Data in the main menu for the app, copy the entire JSON file for the app and go to JSONLint.com to validate it: http://jsonlint.com/ It should say that something is wrong with the JSON file. Most likely, that will have something to do with the offending plugin. One possible place where the contamination may come from is the config.txt file. See the clause //default json data and sometimes you will find the offending JSON is in there. The other cause of the error may simply be that there was a glitch in the Internet connection, or the BT server was down... or any other kind of losing connection.

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Copenhagen
06/13/16 06:35 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks, Dusko! I'll give it a try tonight ! Regards Kristian

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Copenhagen
06/13/16 06:35 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks, Dusko! I'll give it a try tonight ! Regards Kristian

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
06/14/16 10:31 PM (7 years ago)
The problem may be Secure Transport in iOS 9, have a look at this thread: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=C691710D6029235A706E358&tid=C691710D6029235A706E358

Kristian_N
Code is Art
Copenhagen
06/26/16 01:29 PM (7 years ago)
Hi, I finally got it to work. Since my app is brand new, it already had Davids changes to the .plist file but that didn't seem to work. Heres what David prescribed: <key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key> <dict> <key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key> <true/> <key>NSExceptionDomains</key> <dict> <key>www.buzztouch.com</key> <dict> <key>NSExceptionRequiresForwardSecrecy</key> <false/> <key>NSTemporaryExceptionMinimumTLSVersion</key> <string>TLSv1.2</string> <key>NSIncludesSubdomains</key> <true/> <key>NSTemporaryExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads</key> <false/> </dict> </dict> </dict> I had to delete all the lines following "key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key> <true/> " i.e. deleting all the exceptions that David put in. Strange.... But now it works.. Regards, Kristian

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.