Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 6    Views: 130

KRima
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 27, 2013
Sydney
03/07/13 03:50 AM (11 years ago)

Live mode and design mode.

My app is currently being reviewed by apple. In the mean time i want to start updating the app and making minor changes. Do i need to change something in the publish menu with live and design? Im read somewhere that i need to change BT_config in Xcode to live once the app is approved but what if i dont and the app gets approved? Can someone please explain what the process is with it? Thanks in advance.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/07/13 03:59 AM (11 years ago)
That change needs to be made 'before' the compile and submission. If you have submitted an app with 'design' mode in the config.txt file, it will be updated when you make any changes in your control panel. As one of your last steps before submitting your apps, change the 'mode' of the config.txt file from "Design" to "Live". This will allow changes in the control panel without affecting your apps in the wild. After an App is released in 'Live' mode, it will not reflect any changes until the app is 'published'. Cheers! -- Smug

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/07/13 09:24 AM (11 years ago)
Yep, Smug's on the right track. If you published your app to Apple with the Live Mode configuration file, then you can get to work on updates...both on a device and in the Xcode simulator...using the Design Mode configuration file. A running app will only pick up the changes made to the configuration file it's using. So, an app using the Design Mode config file will only get changes there, and an app using the Live Mode config file will only get changes made there. Hitting the Publish button just makes the Design and Live config files equal at that particular point in time. If the app in review has a Live mode config file, and you've already hit Publish (which you should have), then don't hit Publish again until after the app is approved. Mark

KRima
Apple Fan
Sydney
03/08/13 02:00 AM (11 years ago)
Oh crap i forgot to change it to live mode before i submitted it. I checked my Xcode and it is in design mode. So what do you suggest i do? How can i make changes to my app? I was thinking if it gets approved, i wasn't going to make any changes to my app except for change to the bt_config area and change it to live. Then when that gets approved i can start making changes like normal. Do you guys have a better alternative?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/08/13 04:20 AM (11 years ago)
Don't do anything crazy to your control panel. At least, not until after the first update. Cheers! -- Smug

KRima
Apple Fan
Sydney
03/08/13 04:42 AM (11 years ago)
I wont touch my control panel. When it gets approved all i want to change is the design to live and then resubmit. Im not sure how to resubmit?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/08/13 06:14 AM (11 years ago)
From what I understand, you sign it the way you did the first one. Be sure to change your version number in Xcode (sits right out there on the "info" sheet). Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.