Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 6    Views: 96

Derval
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 20, 2012
Milan
03/27/13 03:19 AM (11 years ago)

AT53 Video Plugin - adding a voice over option

Hi all, I was wondering if it is possible to add a voiceover option to video when using the AT53 video plugin? By clicking a button, I would like to give users the option to listen to a voiceover commentary to a video (the voice over would need to run in tandem with the existing audio on the video). Is there anyway of doing this? Thank you

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
03/27/13 04:04 AM (11 years ago)
One banal possibility is to take the original video, create the voiceover over it, record it and ship it with the app as a separate video. The user would have two options of seeing the video, with or without the commentary. That would take two options in some sort of a submenu. That is the solution without waiting for the plugin developer to try to accomodate towards your request. It would also be good for both platforms and within this solution, everything depends just on you. To really get what you want, someone would have to dive into the code and add a button, a layout for the button, a listener for pressing the button, a voiceover file, and a MediaPlayer to "execute" the sound alond with the media player that already reproduces the video. (This is speaking in Android terms, for iOS -- I don't know). The magical button for voiceover should also be able to react to the additional pressing, say to stop the voiceover and perhaps continue it later in the video. You see, it quickly gets out of hand, when you start thinking about various interactions either desireable or possible in this situation. What you ask can certainly be done, but... My 2 cents, of course. Perhaps you should directly ask the developer of the AT53 video plugin himself.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
03/27/13 04:45 AM (11 years ago)
I agree, a second video would be the way I'd go. Miguel

Derval
Aspiring developer
Milan
03/27/13 06:36 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks for the input. @Dusko - thanks for the programming insight…some day I am going to learn how to do that, but not in time for this app! Maybe @Atrain can advise if he can do it. @MadRod (my kid is still playing like crazy on your colouring app, by the way!!!) The issue with doing the second video is that there are many many videos. I might be able to consolidate - I’ll have to look into it. Thanks again.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
03/27/13 06:55 AM (11 years ago)
Interesting idea but I don't see how that would work. A second button to run a second instance of media player at the same time? If you look at the class reference... http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/MediaPlayer/Reference/MPMoviePlayerController_Class/Reference/Reference.html >> Note: Although you can create multiple MPMoviePlayerController objects and present their views in your interface, only one movie player at a time can play its movie. memory, sync, window display are all logic I can see why this is not possible. Just re-record the video and make your own voiceover. That's how the pros do it. Launch a timecode to sync, record a second track that they mixdown. This allows them to add anything an also normalize to control the volume. Video Production!

Derval
Aspiring developer
Milan
03/27/13 07:47 AM (11 years ago)
Ok, thanks @Atrain. We can rule that out then. Good to know. While we’re on the subject of the video plugin, is it possible to have a slow motion option or would that once again be a case of simply producing another video in slow motion?

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
03/27/13 09:14 AM (11 years ago)
@madrod sorry for the tangent have you released an app with the colouring book element is love to see it

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.