CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
05/22/14 03:31 PM (9 years ago)

Scringo android ribbon feature

The only thing that sucks about this is that it might cover up your content.if you use the button on the left it is transparent so thats a little better but still.I ask scringo how to make button show on navbar and he said I cant use scringo button but have to create a action bar button,which is what I didnt want to do.I like the scringo button and ribbon because of the badges shown when you get a new message. Right under frame layout in bt_activity_host.xml, paste this: <com.scringo.ScringoLeftRibbonButton android:id="@+id/activationLeft" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="350dp" /> then in bt_activity_host,call button that will open scringo when ribbon is clicked,right under add sidebar method call: scringo = new Scringo(this); scringo.init(); scringo.addSidebar(); //call this method to get scringo to open when clicking the ribbon ((ScringoLeftRibbonButton) findViewById(R.id.activationLeft)).setScringo(scringo); If you want the button on the side you use this instead: <com.scringo.ScringoLeftActivationButton android:id="@+id/activationLeft" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="350dp" /> and call this under addSidebar method call: ((ScringoActivationButton) findViewById(R.id.activationLeft)).setScringo(scringo); Could be useful if it doesnt conflict with your UI

Kittsy
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 22, 2012
Liverpool
05/22/14 04:32 PM (9 years ago)
Thnaks chris I like scringo when I finally move over to android your posts will be the first I check up on

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
05/22/14 06:14 PM (9 years ago)
Chris baby - Why not put together a sweet looking PDF type thang for Scringo tips and snippets. Will send you some goodies to Texas! Happy Friday eve.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
05/22/14 06:26 PM (9 years ago)
Kittsy, Yeah I love scringo,Im looking at adding comments and like buttons now. Worker73 made a cool long tutorial for the other basic android things and advance things such as social radar and push.Ill post them in a bit for reference also MacApple thats a good idea, Im experimenting alot with scringo on android like the customization.Ill even add a tutorial about adding actionbar menu items to open it,for those who dont care about the badge.Also advanced activity feed options,comments,etc.

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
05/22/14 11:03 PM (9 years ago)
I love goodies ;-) When you send me also some of them to Austria I make a PDF from my Tutorial... *grin*

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
05/23/14 05:56 AM (9 years ago)
Just found some sample apps they made on github. https://github.com/Scringo?tab=repositories

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.