Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 135

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
02/10/15 11:16 PM (9 years ago)

Dublicated App for Android & iPhone but different DataUrl?

Hi All.. I have a "Special" - Problem and i hope someone can help me with that... Iam working on an App Update (SelfHosted) for Android and an Copy for iPhone. The Android App uses other PlugIns than the iPhone App and i want them to Load another "DataUrl"... Is it possible to: - Make a Copy of an existing App with the Same Name? - Whats the best "Practice" to make that? alternativ... - How Can i Load an other "Homescreen" for Android or iPhone? Thanks for help...

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/11/15 01:54 AM (9 years ago)
Without contacting the plugin developer for a custom modification, there really isn't any way to use the same plugin and have two different dataURLs. Or you could modify the code yourself. And the HTML in the control panel. Otherwise, what works for me is, while using Chris1's 'menu with image advanced' you can have two different plugins, one visible to iOS only, and one visible to Android only. Each plugin would have the correct dataURL for the intended device, and users would never know the difference. Another possibility is on the server side, have the page responding to the dataURL parse for the type of client used, and if android do this, if iOS do that. All said, Chris' solution would be the quickest and easiest. Cheers! -- Smug

Worker73
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Austria, Klagen...
02/12/15 05:19 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Smug... Iam workd befor with Chris's Menue and it is working .. But at the Moment i want to use Susan's "Menue Image Rows"... but this PlugIn doesnt have the Feature... ;-( I have already asked Susan but at the Moment she is not planining to include an "Operatingsystem - Switch" for the Buttons ;-((( So i need another Solution...

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.